About the Role:
The ideal candidate will have a cheerful disposition, contagious personality, strong communication skills, and present a very polished, professional image to members and visitors alike. This candidate should be articulate and organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced business environment. We’re looking for a quick learning self-starter that thrives in an ever-changing, fast environment.
This position is the first impression and front face of Grid Collaborative Workspaces Overland Park. The Front Desk Specialist is the person that makes everyone feel welcome when they walk into the building. This individual must have great communication skills with the ability to navigate multiple personalities with ease, including working through challenging customer service situations with grace and respect. This role requires wearing many hats and strong multi-tasking skills. The Front Desk Specialist must be detail-oriented but can also see who’s coming from a mile away.
The Front Desk Specialist serves as the social chair for the business while organizing and planning social and networking functions for members in the center. This position also serves as the liaison between our members and our IT company; a strong aptitude for technology is necessary.
Fundamentals of the Position
- Commit to GRID values, including exceptional guest service, cleanliness of the building, a willingness to serve others, exceeding the members’ expectations, and doing your part to fulfill the mission of GRID. Committed to providing an innovative, personal, and professional environment that supports, motivates, and empowers the GRID members.
- Ensure members receive consistent service exceeding expectations.
- Communicate with the General Manager on an ongoing basis, including one-on-one encounters and team meetings.
- Greeting guests and members entering and exiting the building with a welcoming, cheerful “hello” and smile.
- Be comfortable on the computer with strength in word, excel, outlook, and social media platforms.
- Possess excellent phone and people skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Deliver personal mail, and take care of virtual mail.
- Take direction and coaching with a professional attitude.
- Works alongside the General Manager to develop connections between members, including member introductions, event support, email, and print communications
- Management of local vendors
- Conduct sales tours in absence of the General Manager to execute sales strategy and maintain high occupancy.
- Assisting with social media presence and email marketing.
- Helping team members with projects such as the center newsletter and event flyers as needed.
- Perform move-in/move-out functions for all member interactions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve member technology issues with professionalism and patience.
- Inputting and maintaining accurate data across software platforms
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies and inventory.
- Maintaining shared space cleanliness
- 1-2 years of work experience in sales, hospitality, or customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking experience.
- Experience learning new software programs and a high comfort level around new technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Social Media platforms (text, image, and video) for marketing purposes is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills